Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- A unique pie, definitely worth trying.
- 2 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 2 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Original Molasses
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp lemon rind (grated)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash raisins. Add water, molasses, salt and spices.
- Mix cornstarch and water; add to raisin mixture and cook until thick.
- Add lemon rind and juice. Cool.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie pan lined with unbaked pastry. Cover with remaining pastry rolled 1/8 inch thick; trim seal and flute edge.
- Cut a gash in top of crust to allow for escape of steam.
- Bake 40 minutes or until pastry has browned.