Skip to content
Molasses Sand Tarts Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 14 dozen cookies
- Try this cinnamon and molasses cookie for dessert.
- 4 cup enriched flour (sifted)
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup Original Molasses
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Sift together flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter or margarine with fingers or pastry blender to resemble coarse meal. Combine molasses and eggs; stir into flour-butter mixture.
- Chill dough overnight or until ready to bake.
- Roll dough 1/16-inch thick on board dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Shape with cookie cutters. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle lightly over unbaked cookies. Bake at 400 degrees 6 to 7 minutes or until edges have lightly browned.
- Cool. Store in tightly closed tin box.