Gluten-Free Chewy Ginger Cookies
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 25 cookies
- These delectable cookies are chewy and a little spicy, with a rich molasses flavor. They also just happen to be gluten-free, vegan and low fat, although no one will ever guess. They freeze really well, too.
- 1 1/2 cup superfine brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour/starch
- 1 tbsp ground golden flax meal
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Original Molasses
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cup candied ginger, diced
- 1/2 cup coarse or raw sugar, for rolling
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the oil, sugar and Grandma’s™ Molasses over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Take off heat and add vanilla and the orange zest.
- Mix flour, starch, meal, baking soda, xanthan gum, ginger, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the butter mixture.
- Add milk and stir until combined. Chill dough for 2 hours.
- Put tablespoon-sized balls of the dough onto a lined cookie sheet and bake for 18 minutes or until done.
- Rest for 5 minutes on a cooling rack and enjoy! This recipe yields approximately 16 cookies.