Gingerbread Dough Master Recipe
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- A classic gingerbread dough recipe for the ages. Perfect for the holidays, or any day.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Original Molasses
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tbsp shortening (softened)
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Stir flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt together in small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix molasses, sugar and shortening together in large bowl.
- Mix in water (mixture may curdle). Mix in flour mixture. Form into disk shape, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. On a well-floured surface, roll out dough 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick. Cut into desired shapes.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake 10 to 14 minutes, or until gingerbread is firm in the center but not browning on the edges.
- Assemble using royal icing and decorate as desired. Makes one small gingerbread house or one 10-inch sleigh.
For Chocolate Gingerbread Dough: Add 1/4 cup baking cocoa to flour mixture.