Gingerbread Boy Cookies
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 24 Servings
- Cookies full of a great spice taste.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Original Molasses
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Cream together shortening, sugar and molasses. Add egg yolk; mix well.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Stir in flour mixture; mix well. Chill.
- To make gingerbread boys, roll out a portion of the dough 1/4-inch thick on lightly floured board or pastry cloth. (Keep remaining dough chilled.) Cut with 5-inch gingerbread boy cookie cutter; place on ungreased baking sheets and decorate with raisins or nuts, if desired.
- Bake in 350F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- Decorate with Ornamental Frosting.
- To make stars or other shapes, roll dough 1/4-inch thick and cut with desired 3-inch cookie cutters.
- Bake in 350F oven 8 to 10 minutes.
To make stars, or other shapes, roll dough 1/4 inch thick and cut with desired 3 inch cookie cutters. Bake in 350F oven 8 to 10 minutes.