- Cream together shortening, sugar and molasses. Add egg yolk; mix well.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Stir in flour mixture; mix well. Chill.
- To make gingerbread boys, roll out a portion of the dough 1/4-inch thick on lightly floured board or pastry cloth. (Keep remaining dough chilled.) Cut with 5-inch gingerbread boy cookie cutter; place on ungreased baking sheets and decorate with raisins or nuts, if desired.
- Bake in 350F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- Decorate with Ornamental Frosting.
- To make stars or other shapes, roll dough 1/4-inch thick and cut with desired 3-inch cookie cutters.
- Bake in 350F oven 8 to 10 minutes.
To make stars, or other shapes, roll dough 1/4 inch thick and cut with desired 3 inch cookie cutters. Bake in 350F oven 8 to 10 minutes.