Skip to content
Soft and Spicy Molasses Cookies
Cook Time: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes
Yield: 36 Servings
- A pillowy, soft and spicy cookie that practically melts in your mouth.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1/2 cup Original Molasses
- 3 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger. Mix in the egg and molasses.
- Gradually stir in the flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll the refrigerated dough into small balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not bake for anything longer than that!
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheet to cool completely.