Skip to content
Molasses Coconut Chews Recipe
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Yield: 48 bars
- Dessert bars with molasses, coconut and a little bit of vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and lightly flour two 8x8x2 inch pans, lined with waxed paper. Set aside.
- Sift together cake flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Melt butter or margarine; add to flour mixture along with molasses, vanilla, and egg whites. Mix well, but do not overmix. Stir in coconut.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 35 minutes or until done. Remove from pan onto wire coolers; remove paper.
- When cold, cut each pan into 24 bars. Store in tightly closed tin box.