Molasses Date Bars
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Yield: 32 bars
- Delicious dessert bars with assorted nuts and dates.
- 1 cup enriched flour (sifted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Original Molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup nuts (chopped)
- 1 7 oz. package pitted dates (chopped fine)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together first three ingredients.
- Combine egg, sugar, molasses, shortening and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, nuts and dates.
- Pour into a 9x9x2-inch pan lined with waxed paper, greased and lightly floured. Bake 40 minutes or until done.
- Turn out onto wire cooler; remove paper. When cold, cut into 32 bars.
- Roll in confectioners’ sugar if desired.