- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift together flour and salt. Beat egg yolks with rotary or electric beater until thick and lemon-colored.
- Gradually beat in sugar and molasses. Then, by the clock, beat with rotary or beater (low speed) an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in orange rind, lemon rind and juice.
- Add flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, mixing each addition until smooth.
- When all flour has been added, beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat egg whites until stiff enough to stand in peaks, but not dry; fold (by hand) into batter.
- Bake 45 minutes in an ungreased, 9-inch tube cake pan. Turn cake pan upside down on wire cooler.
If cake has not dropped out of pan when cold, loosen from sides with spatula.