Skip to content
Holiday Gingerbread Cookies
Prep Time: 40 minutes + chilling
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 46 minutes + chilling
Yield: 25 cookies
- A cookie sure to make the holidays special.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Original Molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground cloves and ginger; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until combined.
- Add egg, molasses and vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can. Stir in remaining flour. Cover; chill dough about 3 hours, or overnight, or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On a lightly floured surface roll dough to about 1/8″ thickness. Cut dough using 5″ gingerbread-person cookie cutter.
- Arrange the cutouts 1 inch apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are light brown.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool.
- Pipe designs on cookies with icing.