- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Enjoy a moist cake made with applesauce.
- 2 C. cake flour, sifted
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Spice Islands® Cream of Tartar
- 3/4 tsp Clabber Girl® Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Spice Islands® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 C. Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 C. Grandma’s® Original Molasses
- 1 C. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 375° F. lightly grease and flour, two round 8-inch layer-cake pans. Set aside.
- Sift first seven ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add shortening, molasses and applesauce. Mix until all flour is dampened.
- Beat 2 minutes by hand or electric beater (low speed). Add eggs. Beat 2 more minutes.
- Bake 25 minutes or until done in 2 well-greased, Allow to cool completely before frosting.