Skip to content
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 12 Servings
- Enjoy a moist cake made with applesauce.
- Heat oven to 375° F. lightly grease and flour, two round 8-inch layer-cake pans. Set aside.
- Sift first seven ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add shortening, molasses and applesauce. Mix until all flour is dampened.
- Beat 2 minutes by hand or electric beater (low speed). Add eggs. Beat 2 more minutes.
- Bake 25 minutes or until done in 2 well-greased, Allow to cool completely before frosting.