Cook Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Yield: 12 Servings
- A delicious cake to serve for friends or family.
- 2 cup cake flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Original Molasses
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Sift together flour, salt and cream of tartar.
- Cream together shortening, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs.
- Add milk alternately with flour mixture. Beat 1/2 minute.
- Place 1/3 of batter in a small bowl; stir in molasses and spices.
- Pour light and dark batters alternately into a well-greased, lightly floured 8-inch tube cake pan or into a 9x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake tube cake for 1 hour at 325 degrees or the 9x9x2-inch cake 45 minutes in 350 degrees.
- Frost as desired.