Skip to content
Peanut Butter Molasses Cookies Recipe
Cook Time: 46 Minutes
Yield: 24 Servings
- Soft on the inside, slightly crisp on the outside, these nutty molasses cookies bring the flavors of the season to your holiday cookie tray.
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Original Molasses
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat together the molasses, shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until combined.
- Shape the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until edges are firm and tops crack a bit.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.