Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- If you like pumpkin pie, try this one.
- Soften gelatin in cold water
- In a glass or metal bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, molasses, salt, spices, and pumpkin. Stir in milk.
- Set bowl on a pot of simmering hot water (bowl should be bigger than the pot and the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl), and cook until thick; stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and add softened gelatin
- Chill mixture in the bowl sitting on a bowl of ice water until mixture begins to congeal, stirring frequently
- In a separate bowl, gradually beat sugar into beaten egg whites. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into a cold, baked 9” pie shell and chill until firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream just before serving