Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- If you like pumpkin pie, try this one.
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup Original Molasses
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust
- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Mix egg yolks, molasses, salt, spices and pumpkin. Stir in milk.
- Cook over hot water until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add softened gelatin. Chill over ice water until mixture begins to congeal, stirring frequently.
- Gradually beat sugar into beaten egg whites; fold into pumpkin-gelatin mixture.
- Pour into a cold, baked 9-inch pie shell. Chill until firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream just before serving.