Skip to content
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 48 tassies
- If you love pecans, this is the dessert for you.
- 1 premade pie dough, unbaked
- 1 1/2 C. pecans (chopped)
- 1 1/2 C. sugar (additional 1/2 C. for salted caramel sauce, optional)
- 1/2 C. Grandma’s® Original Molasses
- 1/4 C. orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3 tsp. Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. flour Powdered sugar (optional)
Salted Caramel Drizzle
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1/2 C. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Roll out the pie dough on a work surface.
- Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out rounds. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, use an upside-down juice glass. Press each crust round into greased mini-size muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine pecans, sugar, molasses, orange juice, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and salt. Once mixed, gradually add flour until blended.
- Fill each cup with pecan mixture to 2/3 full (about a heaping teaspoon).
- Bake 20 minutes, until shells are golden brown.
- Let cool; remove from pan.