Skip to content
Old Fashioned Soft Molasses Cookies
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- If you like a chewy cookie, this will be your new favorite.
- 4 cup enriched flour (sifted)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cup Original Molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together first six ingredients.
- Melt shortening in saucepan large enough for mixing cookies. Stir in molasses and sugar. Cool. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mixture. Beat about 20 strokes.
- Shape into balls (golf-ball size). Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cookies have lightly browned. Store in covered stone jar.