Skip to content
Total Time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- A baked dessert made with Grandma's® Molasses, raisins, chopped nuts, cinnamon and nutmeg, that all of your guests will love.
- 1 C. butter or margarine
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. Grandma’s® Original Molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 C. all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Clabber Girl® Baking Soda
- 2 tsp. Clabber Girl® Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Spice Islands® Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Spice Islands® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Spice Islands® Ground Allspice
- 3/4 C. raisins
- 1/2 C. nuts (chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy add the eggs and molasses and blend to combine
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then add to molasses mixture. Mix to combine.
- Divide dough in two, press into rectangle-shaped mounds, cover with plastic and chill.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheets then cut into 2 inch bars while still warm.