Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- A baked dessert made with Grandma's® Molasses, raisins, chopped nuts, cinnamon and nutmeg, that all of your guests will love.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Original Molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup nuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Bring sugar and molasses to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then add to molasses mixture. Pour the molasses mixture over butter in a mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Beat egg, stir into molasses mixture.
- Gradually add flour. Knead to mix thoroughly, adding enough additional flour to obtain a stiff dough.
- Divide in two, press into rectangle-shaped mounds, cover with plastic and chill.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheets then cut into 2 inch bars while still warm.