Cocoa-Dusted Molasses Snickerdoodles
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies
- An old-fashioned favorite gets an updated twist with the addition of Grandmas® Original Molasses. Soft in the center with a bit of crunch around the edges, and just enough spice to perk up your tastebuds, these cookies will surely be a new holiday favorite.
- 1 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Spice Islands® Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 tsp Clabber Girl® Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 C. granulated sugar
- 1/4 C. Grandma’s® Original Molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp. raw or turbinado sugar
- 1/2 tsp Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 C. cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add molasses and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until incorporated and no dry flour remains.
- In a small dish, mix raw sugar together with cocoa powder and cinnamon until well blended.
- Drop dough by the tablespoonful into sugar mixture, rolling until completely coated. (Dough will be sticky, but the sugar mixture should keep it from sticking to your hands.).
- Arrange on non-stick or parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving 2 inches of space between cookies. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until cookies are just set on top and bottoms are lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies will keep, stored in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.