Boiled Taffy Frosting
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- A uniquely sweet frosting for your baked goods.
- 2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Original Molasses
- 1/16 tsp. salt
- 2 egg whites (beaten)
- 1 tsp flavoring
- Thoroughly mix first four ingredients in a saucepan. Cook, without stirring, to firm-ball stage.
- Gradually beat hot syrup into egg whites until stiff but not dry. Continue beating until mixture stands in high peaks.
- Beat in flavoring. (If frosting hardens before spreading, beat in a few drops of hot water).
- Spread on tops and sides of two 9-inch layers or on tops of 2 dozen cupcakes.