Skip to content
Total Time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 12 Servings
- Gingerbread scones made with Grandma's® Molasses are a hit for any occasion.
- 2 C. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Clabber Girl® Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Spice Islands® Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Clabber Girl® Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 C. cold butter
- 1/3 C. Grandma’s® Robust Molasses
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1 egg, separated
- Sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the molasses, milk and egg yolk until smooth. Stir into the flour mixture until moistened.
- Turn out onto floured surface; knead gently 6 – 8 times.
- Pat into a circle; cut into 12 wedges and place 1 inch apart on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Beat egg white until frothy; brush over scones. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400º F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.