Skip to content
Crisp Molasses Cookies Recipe
Cook Time: 3 Hours, 45 Minutes
Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- Looking for a cookie with a crunch and a great spice taste? Try this one.
- 3 cup enriched flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup Original Molasses
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Sift first six ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fingers until it resembles coarse meal.
- Heat molasses just to boiling point; add vinegar and gradually stir into flour-shortening mixture.
- Chill dough until stiff enough to roll (3 hours or overnight).
- Roll dough 1/16 inch thick on lightly floured board. Shape with cookie cutters.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until edges have lightly browned.
- Cool. Store in tightly closed tin box.