Molasses Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cook Time: 4 Hours, 45 Minutes
- Yield: 42 cookies
- Soft molasses spice cookies with a touch of oats and white chocolate chips to put a twist on a classic cookie.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup Original Molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Mix flour, oats, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl with electric mixer), cream together the butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add molasses, egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until fully incorporated. Using a spatula, scrape down the sides to release some of the dough.
- Gradually add flour mixture, one cup at a time, on low speed until well mixed.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and evenly distribute as best you can.
- Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.