Molasses Butter Frosting
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- An out-of-this-world frosting.
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cup confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- 1 egg white (unbeaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla, lemon or rum extract
- 1 tbsp Original Molasses
- 2 tbsp milk
- Cream butter or margarine until fluffy.
- Add 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, egg white and flavoring. Mix well.
- Add the remaining confectioners’ sugar alternately with molasses and milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread on tops and sides of two 8-inch layers or on tops of two 9-inch layer cakes.
- Chocolate frosting: Add 3 tablespoons cocoa or 1 square bitter chocolate, melted. Omit flavoring. Molasses mocha frosting: Replace milk with 2 tablespoons cold, bold coffee. Omit flavoring.
- Orange frosting: Omit flavoring and milk. Add 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 teaspoon grated orange rind and 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind.